Bleuler Chemical Dependency Recovery Services mission is to provide a comprehensive range of assessment, treatment planning, counseling and psychiatric services in order to help each individual, families, and significant others live an alcohol and drug free life.
Our treatment program is designed to provide a broad range of evidenced–based recovery oriented services to assist individuals with a substance use disorder or with co-occurring disorders. Our focus is to help individuals to develop their intrinsic motivation to achieve long-term recovery. We place specific emphasis on creating a climate of mutual respect and patience so that individuals can have a safe place to talk openly and honestly about themselves.
Bleuler Chemical Dependency Recovery Services is especially proud to have been selected by New York State to provide specific evidence-based treatment for adolescents and families through the NYS Focus on Youth and Family Project. Bleuler Chemical Dependency Recovery Services is a licensed provider of The Seven Challenges® program which is a holistic counseling program designed to work with adolescents and young adults with problems associated with substance use disorder. The goal of this program is to encourage positive change by using techniques that are conducive to helping our youth make healthier life decisions and support their commitment to change.
Through comprehensive assessment and treatment planning, our clinical staff in the substance use program will educate and counsel each individual about risk factors and consequences of substance use. Our approach is to establish a collaborative partnership with our patients helping them to reinforce their own motivation to change. We utilize Motivational Interviewing, CBT, and Trauma Informed Care.
We recognize that recovery is a journey and a process supported through sustaining relationships and building social networks. Bleuler Chemical Dependency Recovery Services offers Continuing Care for individuals who have successfully completed the program but would like ongoing clinical support to sustain their recovery. The purpose of continuing care is to provide ongoing support and “check-in” to manage life and emotional stressors, urges and cravings to avoid or prevent relapse.
Available services :
- Medication Management (Including MAT)
- Individual/Group Counseling
- Referral to Recovery Support Services
Our Psychiatrist in the substance use program is licensed and Board Certified in Addiction Medicine. He understands the complexities of our patients with substance use disorders and coordinates care with treating clinicians.
We offer Medication-Assisted Treatment and Psychopharmacology as part of our treatment regimen to support the recovery process.
BPC Psychiatric Prescribing Position
BPC follows industry best practices when prescribing medications with an increased likelihood of use or dependence. If prescribed at all, these medications are primarily prescribed on a short-term basis to manage acute symptoms of a severe or disabling nature. Safe, effective, and responsible practice is our primary goal. This is best achieved with evidence-based psychological interventions in conjunction with pharmacological treatments suitable for long-term use.
Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) is the use of FDA- approved medications to treat substance use disorders and prevent opioid overdose. MAT in combination with counseling provides a holistic approach to the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Buprenorphine is used in medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to help people reduce or quit their use of heroin or other opiates.
- Naltrexone is a medication used in medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to treat both opioid and alcohol use disorders.
- Suboxone contains a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is an opioid medication, sometimes called a narcotic. Naloxone blocks the effects of opioid medication, including pain relief or feelings of well-being that can lead to opioid abuse. Suboxone is used to treat narcotic (opiate) addiction.
- Vivitrol Injection is a non-addictive, once-monthly injectable medication. Vivitrol can Prevent relapse in alcohol and opioid use disorder. To be effective, VIVITROL must be used with other alcohol or drug recovery programs such as counseling.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy is a treatment to help people stop smoking. It uses products that supply low doses of nicotine. These products do not contain many of the toxins found in smoke. The goal of therapy is to cut down on cravings for nicotine and ease the symptoms of nicotine
The groups in our Substance Use program are offered through a schedule that understands the needs of our patients to balance treatment and day to day obligations through an emphasis on development of more appropriate coping skills as well as relapse prevention.
Looking to Donate?
Your generous gift will go towards improving our services that will help those in need live more fruitful lives.
Thank you for your generous donation
A BPC representative will contact you shortly to complete the process
-The BPC Team